I finally got around to trying Givenchy’s Photo’Perfexion Light Fluid Foundation, and it’s kind of cool. The Light Fluid Foundation offers a sheerer coverage, more along the lines of a tinted moisturizer, but at the same time it evens out your skin tone and dries relatively matte. It comes enclosed with an anti-bacterial sponge tip, so you squeeze a teensy bit of the foundation out, then quickly blend it all over your skin with the sponge. It feels cool upon application, spreads easily, but it does dry quite fast. Once it’s on your skin, it stays put at least 8 hours. According to the Givenchy rep it also has a build in primer, as it’s infused with “linear silicones”, and it doesn’t require setting powder either.
There are 7 shades to choose from, which is a tad limited, but my NC30 skin tone was able to find a pretty good match with #4, Light Beige. I do like the product, but I’m not 100% in love with it and it’s to no fault of the product at all. I simply prefer something with a fuller coverage.
With that said, if you’re looking for a lightweight yet long lasting sheer foundation, give Givenchy’s new Photo’Perfexion Light Fluid Foundation a whirl. The sponge makes it really fun to apply!
What Sephora Says:
What it is: An ultra-light, natural-looking SPF 10 foundation. What it does: Like a veil of perfection, this foundation perfects the complexion with incredible radiance and natural coverage. Its fresh, extra-thin, and comfortable fluid texture melts into the skin upon application due to a high concentration of water and linear silicones. The formula is also enriched with a mineral sunblock and chemical sunscreen to protect skin. Research results:
- The complexion looks transparent and natural: 93 %*
- The foundation creates a “bare skin” effect: 93 %*
- The application is pleasant and comfortable: 90%*
- The complexion is evened out without losing its natural beauty: 90 %*
- The complexion is smoothed without losing its natural beauty: 93 %*
- Imperfections are concealed without a thick buildup: 86 %*
- The complexion looks luminous: 90 %*
- Product application is easy: 83 %*
- *self evaluation over four weeks Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product. Size: 1 oz