Using makeup to accentuate a bride’s natural beauty leads to ever lasting wedding photos. As the makeup artist for Autumn English, I created this natural and simple look for a bridal fashion campaign.
This look focused on flawless luminescent skin, while everything else was kept at a minimum. Here’s a breakdown of all the products and techniques used to achieve that ethereal glow:
Base + Complexion:
1. Before applying any makeup, cleanse and moisturize your skin. I used EmbryoLisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream) to hydrate the model’s skin completely.
2. To achieve the flawless yet natural and dewy finish, I used Temptu’s AIRbrush Makeup System*. All of the foundation colors, blush, bronzers, and highlighters come in pod forms, making it really easy to learn and use the system. There’s no need for special classes on just using the system.
3. A darker foundation shade was used to slightly contour the model. This helps frame her face and give it dimension.
4. Blushing Coral blush was sprayed on ever so lightly along her cheek bone to give the model a teensy bit of a flush.
5. A highlighting pod in Champagne was sprayed on the highlights of her face for an all over luminous glow. A copious amount was applied on her cupid’s bow to give an illusion of poutier lips.
6. A soft matte brown, Buck from the Naked Palette from Urban Decay, was applied with a fluffy blending brush into her crease for a little definition.
7. I lined the top lash line with a dark brown matte eyeliner, like CoverGirl’s Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Brown Blaze, to define the shape of her eyes.
8. The bottom lash line was defined using Buck and an angle brush.
9. As the model’s lashes were naturally long and full, it was just curled slightly and defined with mascara.
10. Instead of using lipstick or gloss, I used the same blush pod, Blushing Coral, to create a pink stain on her lips. The result was just so natural and pretty!