It’s Daylight Savings Time again, meaning it’s time to move your clock an hour forward. It always sucks to “lose” an hour each Spring, but no worries, I’ve got 5 easy breezy makeup and beauty tips to help you save an hour each day!
1. Use a foaming body scrub – Cut down your shower time in half by using a foaming body scrub that cleanses and exfoliates simultaneously. I love the Bamboo Lemongrass Foaming Body Scrub by LATHER, a natural line with stores in Pasadena and Arizona (go there to check out their products and stay to customize your own scent!). This scrub cleanses and exfoliates using bamboo powder and crushed walnuts, and it revitalizes your skin with essential oils of lemongrass, geranium, petit grain, vetivert and ylang ylang. Why soap up then exfoliate when you can do it together?
2. Dry your hair faster – Blow drying your hair can take forever. It Factor Beauty introduces the new VaporBoost System Technology that makes water evaporate faster, efficiently speeding up the drying time. The best part? Hair is left incredibly smooth and silky! Every single beauty blogger raves about this because it really works! It’s available in two version, one for fine hair and one for medium to coarse hair. Use their salon locator to find it in a store near you.
3. Try a BB Cream – The newest import from Asia by the way of Germany has taken the beauty world by storm. BB Creams, short for Blemish Balm or Beauty Balm, have been favored in Asia for the last few years since Korean stars were reported to wear them to give them natural looking flawless skin. What makes BB Creams so different from regular foundations and tinted moisturizers? They offer incredible coverage, are long lasting, are formulated with beneficial ingredients such as whitening or acne-reducing, offer sun protection, hydrates your skin, and are easy to apply. The cream texture of BB Creams makes it easy to blend and wear. I love Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm, available in four colors at Sephora for $32.
4. Style your hair faster – Giving yourself a complete blowout is uber time consuming and tiring, too. Instead, try the InStyler Rotating Hot Iron Hair Styler, which is a combination of a brush, a curling iron, and a blow dryer all in one. Once your hair is dried, simply try the InStyler through sections of your hair for an instant blowout. Use it to create curls, to create a voluminous blowout, or sleek straight hair.
5. Instant Root Touch Up – While I love going to salons personally, it is quite expensive to go every few weeks for a root touch up. Not to mention that it takes tons of time of your busy day. For blondes, there’s an effective and fast solution – the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray. It uses a patent-pending technology that brightens your hair from a deep dirty blonde to a sun-kissed blonde within a week. Simply spray your roots or whatever section of hair you’d like to lighten, then use a heat source to dry it. Running a flat or curling iron through your hair helps the formula work even faster. You save time and money by easily touching up your root at home!
Try any of these tips and products to save that hour you lost today.
What are some of your favorite time-saving tips or products?