Odile Gilbert for Kérastase Paris created an interest braided chignon that was chic, sophisticated and elegant for the Jason Wu Summer Spring 2013 show. Inspired by Helmet Newton, the hair was sectioned, African braided, and tucked underneath to create a intricate yet classic shape that complemented Wu’s take on lace and leather.
Get the look:
- Create a long, deep part
- Section off the hair into two sections – front and back - spray each section lightly with Double Force Hair Spray
- Take the section at the back of the head and create an African braid; set with Double Force Hair Spray
- Tuck the end of the braid underneath creating a chignon
- Slick back one side of the front of the head with Elixir Ultime Rose Millenaire for a chic, strong effect
- Create a single finger wave on the other side of the part, also slicking back with Elixir Ultime Rose Millenaire for shine and texture
- Spray the entire head with Double Force Control Ultime to hold the style
Kérastase Products Used To Get the Look::
- Double Force Hair Spray Nectar Thermique – buildable hold hair spray with a protective UV filter
- NEW Elixir Ultime Rose Millenaire (NEW!) – for fine and sensitized hair, this treatment oil features more than 230 molecules with softening and regenerative powder. Light in texture, provides nourishment leaving hair shiney with a free-flowing feel.
- Double Force Control Ultime Hair Spray - extra-strength hold, multi-protective hairspray for weakened hair